Friday 23 March 2012

Patchwork

As promised I'd like to share with you one of my favourite presents I have ever received! Its also mentioned in my 20 by 20 :)
This is a fairly poor photo of the patchwork blanket I received for my 18th birthday getting on for 2 years ago from my mum. (Sorry, clearing up my room enough to take a good one would have taken too much time away from essay writing!). It's made of loads of different materials and has messages on from my friends and family which they wrote and my mum embroidered. The rest of the patches have been left blank to add friends I meet along the way :) Here's some of my favourites...
 A reminder of times when I hadn't quite decided on OT yet!
 A message that I'm learning more and more is very true!
 From one of my best freinds :) and i think it looks nice!
And finally from my mum... the whole confidentiality thing gets a bit annoying sometimes!

I love my blanket! At times it somehow makes me feel like I've got people around me even if their miles away. I remember my first night at uni all on my own curling up with it and theres still times when it's nice to pull it out! Plus it is very cosy. I'm really looking forward to finding out who gets added over the years... and deciding who to add this year. I'd love to add my house mates as we've had some really good times in the last 18 months, it's a bit sad that I'm not sure now we're at a stage when they'll have much to write... who knows maybe I'm wrong, we will see!

In other news after a bit of a panick yesterday I have reached my 3000 word target on the essay for today, finally past half way!

x

No comments:

Post a Comment